This page will instruct you on how to setup Newsify
To fully setup Newsify, you will need a Discord and Google account. If you do not have them already, go create them.
This is going to be super simple
Go to discord.com/developers/applications and click on the button "New application"
Name your application
Now you have an application, but not a bot! To get a bot, click on the "Bot" tab on the sidebar, then click on "Add bot". When it asks you if you really want to create a bot, just say yes!
To get the token, click on "Reset Token" and then "Copy" under the token while on the Bot tab. Now, be careful where you put it since tokens are basically like usernames and passwords for bots.
- Go to the Google Firebase console and create a new project (make sure to turn off Google Analytics)
- Create a new Web App and name it
Discord bot. When you reach the "Add Firebase SDK" section, copy the
- This is a bit of a hack, but go into the terminal and type
node. There, execute this command and then copy what was loggedNode REPL Environment
- Put it somewhere so you can paste it into .env later (field is
- Navigate to "Cloud Firestore" (alternate name: "Firestore Database") and create a database in test mode (also, select the closest location for the server you will be deploying the bot on)
- Create a new collection in the database called
setting(Auto-ID the document and add some random field)
Putting that all in .env
So, clone/fork the repo and create an .env file.
For each field, add the content to it in the .env file after the
= (Remember, no spaces)
|GUILDID||Test guild ID|